First Home Buyers Finance
Buying your first home is one of the most exciting purchases you will ever make. It is also one of the biggest, so it can be difficult to know where to start. When you begin thinking about purchasing a property there seems to be a lot of questions. GFG can assist you with all the steps involved in purchasing a property, including acquiring the relevant first home owners grant. A free consultation will determine whether you qualify for a loan or what you need to do to enable you to obtain a loan in the future.
What will it cost me?
We will give you a clear outline of all costs including government and legal costs, bank fees, rates, insurance and any other costs associated with the purchase.
Where do I start?
- Research the market – speak to agents, look through newspapers and ask staff at GFG for their propertys contacts.
- Arrange your home loan – a short meeting at GFG will enable you to obtain a pre-approval. We will discuss types of Geelong home loans that are available. GFG can access over 35 lenders and a wide range of products. We will also determine whether you are eligible for the First Home Owners Grant.
- Property Inspection – once you find a property ensure appropriate checks and inspections are carried out before you buy. Your legal representative should check the Contract of Sale before you sign it.
- Finalise the home loan – once the lender has formally approved the loan you can pay the deposit. A loan offer will be issued and you need to sign and return this. We will help you complete all the paperwork or your legal representative can assist.
- Legal requirements – most purchasers engage a solicitor or conveyancer to take care of the legal aspects of buying.
- Settlement – it usually takes between 4 and 12 weeks for settlement to be effected. On the day of settlement you are required to pay the balance of the purchase price and then the property is officially yours.
GFG understands how important your first property purchase is and we work hard to make sure that you fully understand all aspects of the process, including the First Home Owners Grant and Government Stamp Duty discounts.
Download our eBook about the essentials of buying a home. We can also help you with investment loans and home loans Geelong. Contact us for more information about any of our financial services.